London: England pacer Mark Wood has been cleared of serious injury and will remain part of the 15-member squad for the World Cup beginning May 30. Wood pulled up because of an issue with his calf during the fourth over of the first warm-up match against Australia which the Aaron-led side won by 12 runs in Southampton on May 25.He left the field immediately and took no further part in the game. And there was fear in the England camp that Wood, who has a history of foot and ankle problems, might have to be removed from the squad and thus, he was sent for scans.However, according to a report in ESPNcricinfo, scans have shown no sign of injury. Instead the England medical team believes the 29-year-old simply jarred his foot while bowling. IANSAlso Read: SPORTS NEWS
PORT OF SPAIN, Trinidad (CMC) – Fast-bowling legend Michael Holding has warned the new Cricket West Indies (CWI) leadership against axing interim head coach Richard Pybus ahead of next month’s ICC World Cup without first consulting the players.Holding, now a well-respected television broadcaster, said the current players were the ones who stood to be impacted most by such a substantive personnel change and therefore needed to give their input in any such decision.Pybus, a controversial appointment to the post last January, is widely expected to be replaced prior to the May 30 to July 14 showpiece in England.“I wouldn’t say right now that we need to change everything. We need to analyse before we have knee-jerk reactions and kick out everybody and change everything,” Holding to i95.5FM radio here.“We need to sit down and analyse. The people that are coming in – the president (Ricky Skerritt) and the new vice-president (Dr Kishore Shallow) – need to sit down with everybody at various times.”He continued: “I am hearing them talk about changing the coach for the World Cup. You need to sit down with the current players now and have a discussion with them and say to them ‘what do you think?’, because they are the ones who are going to be affected.“We sitting down in our living rooms watching, we won’t be affected – the players will be ones to be affected. They (Skerritt and Shallow) need to sit down with them, have a frank discussion, ask them what they think – if they think it is a wise decision or if they are happy to continue with the way things are.”Pybus, a former director of cricket, replaced Stuart Law as head of the Caribbean side for England’s tour of the Caribbean this year, overseeing their shock 2-1 win in the three-Test series.The Englishman’s appointment was met with pushback from several CWI directors, with Skerritt during the election campaign noting his discomfort with the manner in which the decision had been made.And only last week, leading regional academic and UWI vice-chancellor, Professor Sir Hilary Beckles, argued that a Caribbean coach should lead the Windies at the World Cup.Holding, who claimed 249 wickets in 60 Tests, said any decisions made on the coaching role should be made with the long-term future of West Indies cricket in mind.“You don’t go into a business and just change everything. You’ve got to go into the business, study how the business operates and deal with the people that are in there and find out how things need to be changed. I’m not saying don’t change anything – what I am saying is do not have a knee-jerk reaction,” Holding contended.“What is the World Cup? One tournament. We’re talking about West Indies cricket and the future of West Indies cricket. Do we only want to win the World Cup? We need to think about the future of West Indies cricket. The World Cup is in a couple months’ time, what happens after the World Cup?”Skerritt’s election has been widely viewed as a positive development, especially with outgoing president Dave Cameron having become widely unpopular during his three terms in charge.But Holding said it was important the new CWI leadership engage in wide consultation ahead of fundamental changes.“They also need to sit down with administration, the people who actually work and are paid by the West Indies cricket board (and ask) what do you think? How do you think we should move forward? The financial controller, the CEO, the head of coaching – all of those people,” the Jamaican said.“It is a long process … (they need to) see what needs to be fixed, see what needs to be changed.”
AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to FacebookFacebookShare to TwitterTwitterShare to MoreAddThisOssineke Township, Mich. — A 19–year–old Ossineke man has been arrested after damaging property in his grandparent’s home for the second time.Troopers were dispatched for the second time this year to a home in Ossineke, regarding reports of the same suspect destroying property. Based on evidence from the scene, they arrested Nathan Seeley. The 19–year–old had done over $4,000 dollars worth of damage to his grandparent’s home.The grandparents had been staying next door to their home due to their grandson. Seeley had been threatening them. They reported hearing a loud bang, then receiving a call from the 19-year-old. Seeley said that he had nothing left to break in the house and asked if there was anything to eat. Seeley’s grandparents called the police after the phone call.Seeley was charged with one count of malicious destruction of a building and one count of malicious destruction of personal property ($10,000-$20,000). He was arraigned yesterday in the 88th district court.AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to FacebookFacebookShare to TwitterTwitterShare to MoreAddThis Tags: 88th District Court, alpena county, Malicious Destruction of a Building, Malicious Destruction of Personal Property, michigan state police, ossineke, Ossineke Township, Property DamageContinue ReadingPrevious Photo of the Day for Thursday, February 7Next LeFave Pharmacy offering CBD Informational Classes
MORE: Giants’ coach Alyssa Nakken makes on-field historyKapler explained his decision to take a knee to The Athletic’s Andrew Baggarly:I did that because I wanted them to know that I wasn’t pleased with the way our country has handled police brutality. I told them that I … wanted to amplify the voice of the Black community and marginalized communities as well. So I told them that I wanted to use my platform to demonstrate my dissatisfaction with the way we’ve handled racism in our country. I wanted to demonstrate my dissatisfaction with our clear systemic racism in our country. And I wanted them to know that they got to make their own decisions and we would respect and support those decisions. I wanted them to feel safe about speaking up. So we had these kinds of discussions for the last several days. And we’ll continue to have them.Members of the @SFGiants kneel during the National Anthem. #BlackLivesMatter pic.twitter.com/QbvAvCZiEs— MLB (@MLB) July 21, 2020Giants president of baseball operations Farhan Zaidi offered support to Kapler and the rest of his players for standing against racism and racial injustice. Kapler also reiterated that whatever choice his players decide to make, they’ll have the support of the organization. Among the other players, Giants shortstop Brandon Crawford was seen standing between both first base coach Antoan Richardson and outfielder Jaylin Davis, and put a hand on each of their shoulders. Crawford explained his reasoning behind standing, saying he has family members in the military “Standing for the flag and what it is supposed to represent is a big deal for them, so it is for me too,” Crawford told Baggarly. “That does not at all mean that I don’t support the movement, or condone police brutality or inequality.” July 20 was a history-making day for the Giants, to say the least.Before the start of the team’s final exhibition game vs. the Athletics on Monday, several members of the Giants took a knee during the national anthem. Most prominent of the bunch was San Francisco manager Gabe Kapler. Several Giants knelt for the national anthem, led by Gabe Kapler. Jaylin Davis, Austin Slater too. pic.twitter.com/dPtfOTzSiR— Mark W. Sanchez (@MarkWSanchez) July 21, 2020MLB has taken a more forward stance on racism amid racial injustice in recent months, but some are questioning whether the league’s reaction has been enough. While all 30 organizations ended up issuing statements on the death of George Floyd, some seemed hesitant to condemn systemic racism and racial injustice across the country.From a player standpoint, this may figure to be the start of a true movement across MLB. On Monday, Angels pitcher Keynan Middleton took a knee and raised a fist during the anthem.Keynan Middleton will release his own statement tonight. But Joe Maddon said Middleton said he wish he had kneeled before, and wanted to reiterate that Middleton had the full support of his teammates in doing so. https://t.co/bfQWZG4cjd— Fabian Ardaya (@FabianArdaya) July 21, 2020In 2017, A’s catcher Bruce Maxwell was the first and only player in MLB who kneeled during the national anthem, which came in direct response to Donald Trump’s urging that players who kneeled should be “fired” from their sport.
A retired postmaster has told how he cannot go out at night after he was viciously assaulted while walking back to his home on St Patrick’s Day.Ed Margey was punched from behind and repeatedly battered just yards from his home in Letterkenny, on March 17th, 2016. Mr Margey had been at a soccer game with his son, had enjoyed a couple of drinks afterwards and was walking to his home at College Farm around 10.40pm.However, he was jumped on by a man who demanded money from him after being punched in the back of the head.Mr Margey fell forward and his attacker jumped on him and repeatedly punched him while demanding cash.The victim also twisted his ankle and fell to the ground in pain.Mr Margey threw some coins out he had in his pocket but the attacker continued to demand more cash.The victim, who didn’t have his wallet on him, then threw away a €50 note he had in his pocket and his atatcker fled wiht it.He managed to call Gardai and a search was launched for the attacker.From CCTV footage, 2o year old Paddy Sweeney, of Castlerea Prison, was identified and later arrested.While in custody at Letterkenny Garda station, Sweeney was found to have a €50 note in his underwear.Although Mr Margey did not wish to address the court, he was present in court.Detective Garda Joe Kealy said Mr Margey was a retired postmaster who lived near the town who loved to walk in and out of his work on the town’s Main Street.However, since this attack he no longer walked the streets of his town at night.Sweeney also faced another charge of assault causing harm, robbery and making threats to kill from a previous incident.The court heard how on August 4th, 2015, Sweeney called to the home of neighbour Michael Boyce at Meadowbank Park in Letterkenny looking for money.He asked to use the toilet and was allowed into the house but then asked for drink from Mr Boyce.When he was refused, Sweeney jumped on him and, using a kitchen knife he grabbed from the house, stabbed his victim three times.Gardai received an anonymous call and when they arrived at the house, Sweeney had fled over a back wall but was later apprehended.Before he left the home of his victim, Sweeney shouted “I’ll kill you stone dead if you tell them it was me who did this to you.”When arrested he was covered in blood as were the sleeves of his tracksuit.Although Mr Boyce was not in court, he told Gardai how he now suffered from panic attacks, was very nervous and had been forced to move to a different town since the attack.Sweeney took to the witness stand and told his victims that he was deeply sorry for what he had done.Barrister Peter Nolan said Sweeney, who currently has no previous convictions, had a troubled background and he would have witnessed a lot of violence during his upbringing.He pleaded with Judge John Aylmer to give his client some light at the end of the tunnel.Judge Aylmer said he appreciated that these charges were very serious and that he had caused a lot of hurt to his victims.However, he added that Sweeney must get rehabilitation for his drink and drugs addiction.On the charges of assault causing harm, robbery and threats to kill Mr Boyce, he sentenced him to a total of three and half years.On charges of robbery and assault of Mr Margey, Sweeney was sentenced to two years with the last 18 months suspended.Both sentences are to run concurrently meaning that Sweeney will servea total of four years in prison.Man who mugged retired Letterkenny postmaster is jailed for four years was last modified: December 14th, 2017 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:assaultdonegalEd MargeyletterkennyPatrick Sweeneypostmaster
Letterkenny Shopping Centre has launched an ambitious new programme to reward their shoppers and support their tenants.The FREE VIP Loyalty Fob is a smart fob carried by customers which enables participating stores to send personalised offers, discounts and promotions in Real-Time to their customer’s mobile. With €100s to be saved in over 50% of Letterkenny Shopping Centres stores, plus over 100 stores based in other shopping centres across Ireland with more joining soon.It’s simple to use – just present your VIP Loyalty fob in selected stores to get discounts and loyalty gifts from participating retailers, plus Perks like free coffee, birthday gifts and VIP treatment. The scheme was launched in Letterkenny Shopping Centre on Bank Holiday Monday, October 28th.Speaking to Donegal Daily, Centre Manager Brian McCracken said, “We’re very excited to bring this unique scheme to Letterkenny Shopping Centre – offering customers significant savings and VIP perks whilst also giving our tenants an innovative and flexible way to interact with customers, push offers and special promotions in Real-Time to consumers.“The scheme is powered by Irish tech firm Pearlai and we’re the first shopping centre in the Republic of Ireland to employ this technology.” Apply online in minutes at www.letterkennysc.com/VIP, select your favourite stores, and collect your FOB from the Letterkenny SC manager’s office.Your fob is FREE but donations are welcomed for Letterkenny’s project charity partner, Pieta House.Apply online at www.letterkennysc.com/VIP to get your FREE Fob and start saving today!Free VIP fobs help customers save €100s at Letterkenny Shopping Centre was last modified: October 31st, 2019 by Rachel McLaughlinShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:Letterkenny Shopping Centre.loyalty fobsretailVIP
Check out these free glass presets courtesy of our friends at Lens Distortions.Glass distortions are a great way to give your shots character. We’ve all seen pictures shot on old film cameras with splotchy highlighted colors, especially near the edges. These distortions, called light leaks, were the result of the film accidentally coming in contact with light. This could happen by either a hole being in the camera body or accidentally exposing the film to light when removing it from the camera.But what old photographers deemed an accident, hipsters have re-labeled art, thus we get the super trendy light-leak/distortion look.Creating lens effects can be done in-camera, but with post production software creating realistic and artsy lens effects is super easy. Today LensDistortions.com is giving away some free glass distortions that you can use in Adobe After Effects. The elements mix lens flares, light leaks, and lens blur to make an awesome effect. Don’t believe us…check out their promo video:The glass presets were shot using a Red Scarlet and a few high-end Leica lenses.Download InstructionsYou can download the free glass presets over at Light Distortions. You will need a .rar opening software to open the 1 GB file. Thanks for sharing guys!What do you think of the glass presets? Share in the comments below.
Arsenal legend Adams criticises Emery for shoddy defenceby Freddie Taylor10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveArsenal legend Tony Adams believes Unai Emery has yet to solve his side’s defensive issues.The Gunners have kept just three clean sheets from 21 Premier League games this season. And Adams, a legendary centre-back in his time, thinks Emery must do more to work on his leaky back-line.”I think the manager has gone three at the back, four at the back,” he said on BT Sport. “He’s never had them settled. They’re not keeping clean sheets.”Now he’s going back to a back four again. He can’t make up his mind. They need a settled back line and I don’t think he’s got it.” About the authorFreddie TaylorShare the loveHave your say