Lyceum has entered exam season for its students and going 12-0 in the NCAA won’t exempt the Pirates from their scholastic duties.Jaycee Marcelino was stellar for the Pirates against the Generals with 15 points, seven assists, and four steals, but his next challenge could be even harder but he knows that he has Robinson’s support even off the basketball court.“This break is important for all of us but it doesn’t mean that we’re on break we’re allowed to go partying,” joked Marcelino as Robinson laughed along. “The number one focus should always be studying.”ADVERTISEMENT In must-win vs Qataris, Team Pilipinas needs its shots to fall Lyceum is having the best ride in the NCAA Season 94 men’s basketball tournament having won all of its 12 outings so far.ADVERTISEMENT For the complete collegiate sports coverage including scores, schedules and stories, visit Inquirer Varsity. Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next View comments Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard PLAY LIST 02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite03:23Negosyo sa Tagaytay City, bagsak sa pag-aalboroto ng Bulkang Taal01:13Christian Standhardinger wins PBA Best Player award Lights inside SMX hall flicker as Duterte rants vs Ayala, Pangilinan anew MOST READ LATEST STORIES Gov’t to employ 6,000 displaced by Taal Tim Cone, Ginebra set their sights on elusive All-Filipino crown Nadine Lustre’s phone stolen in Brazil Japeth Aguilar embraces role, gets rewarded with Finals MVP plum Lights inside SMX hall flicker as Duterte rants vs Ayala, Pangilinan anew Allen Durham still determined to help Meralco win 1st PBA title Phivolcs: Slim probability of Taal Volcano caldera eruption Gretchen Barretto’s daughter Dominique graduates magna cum laude from California college The Pirates cruised past Emilio Aguinaldo College, 95-75, on Thursday and won’t be playing again for eight days when they face University of Perpetual Help.While the inactivity sometimes pose a problem with coaches, coach Topex Robinson is welcoming the oncoming lull.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSGinebra beats Meralco again to capture PBA Governors’ Cup titleSPORTSJapeth Aguilar wins 1st PBA Finals MVP award for GinebraSPORTSGolden State Warriors sign Lee to multiyear contract, bring back ChrissRobinson said it’s also important for them to step away from the game of basketball for a few days with his players students first and athletes second.“This is good for us because some of the players are already getting sick and more importantly it’s going them the time to focus on their classes because it’s the prelims week,” said Robinson. Don’t miss out on the latest news and information.
The Fort St. John RCMP have closed off the intersection of 76th street and 89th avenue.Eyewitnesses on the scene report a child on his bike was involved in a hit and run accident. There are no reports on the condition of the child or the what type of vehicle was involved. Once the RCMP release more information we will pass it along. If you have any information on this story, email firstname.lastname@example.org – Advertisement -**Update – For more on this story, click here Photo: The RCMP and eyewitnesses remain on the scene after a hit and run – Adam Reaburn/Energeticcity.ca
He said the garden will be designed with an Allan Block retaining wall about 45 to 60 centimetres in height, as well as small, ornamental trees of different heights, a dwarf spruce and a variety of perennials.Perrin said the traffic circle is definitely an important focal point for visitors and residents alike.”In terms of tourism, everybody goes around that point more or less – a lot of people stop at the N.A.R. Park – and it will definitely be a drawing point, and hopefully people will stop and take pictures or just relax and enjoy it, as well for the many local people who drive by it everyday.”He said the work has been delayed somewhat by the recent inclement weather, but he expects the project to be compete by mid-August. The estimated total project cost is $37,000.Advertisement City staff are working to beautify an important landmark in Dawson Creek.Those passing by have no doubt noticed the traffic circle at the intersection of Eighth Street and Alaska Avenue has been excavated, with huge mounds of dirt piled up behind barricades that were erected to keep people out. The City of Dawson Creek is undertaking work to not only improve the look of the greenspace there, but to make it easier to look after.Darcy Perrin, the citys parks manager, said staff were approached by the Dawson Creek Beautification Committee last year to take over maintenance of the space after it became too big of a job for the volunteer group to do themselves. He said the flower beds had been overtaken with weeds and needed significant work to be restored.- Advertisement -“It was the in the best interest of the bed to redo it, so we came up with a design over the winter – our gardener designed it – and were implementing that now,” he said, adding the work is being done in the evening to avoid disruptions to traffic.The excavation is in part to install a new irrigation system, replacing the existing rotary sprinklers with more efficient drip emitters. He said the flower bed will be mulched as well, which will suppress weeds and also help retain moisture.”It’s designed to be low maintenance. In a season like this, we could turn the irrigation system off because weve had ample rain. In a case like the last couple of years where it has been very dry, the drip emitters would supply enough moisture for these plants and the mulch would help hold it down.Advertisement
Classes are expected to resume on Friday, but if this process does not lead to a collective agreement, the strike may resume.“I am hopeful that access to the board’s specialized process will bring the parties to a negotiated settlement without further job action,” writes President Daniel Weeks.Job action began March 6, 2015 following months of negotiation over a new contract.- Advertisement -Follow this link to keep up-to-date with the latest developments.
Donegal Sports Partnership will be holding a Children’s Officer Workshop in their Letterkenny Offices on Saturday 9th November commencing at 10:00am (6-hour workshop). The workshop is designed for Club or Sporting Organisations where members have completed the Code of Ethics & Good Practice for Children’s Sport Workshop (Basic awareness).Workshop cost is: €25.00 per person with further details and an application available by emailing: email@example.com or phone: Donegal Sports Partnership on: 074 9116078 PLEASE NOTE: Workshop is dependent on numbers received. This is the last Children’s Officer Workshop that will be held this year. DONEGAL SPORTS PARTNERSHIP TO HOST VITAL CHILDREN’S OFFICER WORKSHOP was last modified: October 8th, 2013 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:Children’s Officer WorkshopDONEGAL SPORTS PARTNERSHIP
Two Donegal Gardai have received bravery awards at a ceremony at Farmleigh House,Phoenix Park Dublin.The two Gardai, James Conneely from Carrigart and Trevor Keating from Letterkenny, were recognised after they bravely rescued a man from the Garavogue River in Sligo in September, 2009.The two brave Garda were among fifteen officers who were presented with bravery awards by Ceann Comhairle Sean Barrett on behalf of the National Bravery Awards Council . Ireland has no honour system but in 1945 the State decided they should recognise outstanding bravery and therefore since then awards have made annually.The citation for James and Trevor read how an individual came to the attention of the Gardai in Sligo Town where he was wandering around in a confused and incoherent state.Gardai observed the man making his way across a footbridge of the Garavogue River and jumping into the water.The Gardai came to his assistance by throwing him a ring buoys that he made no effort to grab. The man was swifty swept down the river by the strong current and it was estimated that he would have been swept out to sea in minutes. Garda Trevor Keating entered the river and attempted to rescue this person,but because of the strong current was unable to reach him.Garda Keating got out of the river and made his way by foot along the river bank.Further down the river Garda James Conneely along with Rory O Connor, a trained Life Guard, entered the river in a small boat they had untied by the rivers edge.With only one oar, Garda Conneely successfully rowed the boat to the middle of the river where he and O’Connor successfully intercepted the person, who was at this stage unconscious and face down in the water.Mr O Connor applied CPR while Garda Conneely tried to row the boat to safety which was proving to be impossible due to the lack of a second oar and the ferocious current that was raging. At this stage, Garda Keating re entered the water and assisted in getting the boat ashore,where he too assisted with CPR.The individual was taken by the emergency services where he made a full recovery. Garda Keating, Garda Conneely and Mr O Connor displayed exceptional courage in entering the water to save this person. Both officers were awarded a bronze medal and a certificate of bravery.Both Garda Conneely and Garda Keating were congratulated by the Commisioner Martin Callinan.DONEGAL GARDAI HONOURED FOR SAVING DROWNING MAN was last modified: November 17th, 2012 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)Tags:BRAVERY AWARDSGARDA JAMES CONNEELYGARDA TREVOR KEATING
A client contacted me about installing replacement double-hung windows because she said the old ones were leaky and difficult to operate. It turned out that the double-hung wood windows on her 1960s ranch were actually in good condition. The problem was with the storm windows, which were aluminum triple-track models that had corroded. Many of the spring-loaded sash locks had frozen up, so the sashes wouldn’t latch in position, and the gasketing had dried up, allowing the sashes to rattle and leak air.When considering window upgrades for operational or energy-efficiency purposes, many people think only of full replacement windows. But in many cases, installing or replacing storm windows can offer more bang for the buck. And they’re much easier and less intrusive to install. (You also can probably save $25 to $50 per window by installing them yourself.) Storm windows improve the overall energy efficiency of windows, help protect the painted surfaces, and often are the only option for upgrading in historic districts where removing and replacing the original windows is prohibited.After selecting the right style of storm window from the several common types available, I took measurements, placed the order, and installed the windows for my client. A CLOSER LOOK: CHOOSING NEW STORM WINDOWS When I began to research storm windows, I looked at the extrusions and coatings, the sash operation and hardware, the gasketing, and how the corners were fastened (screws only or corner inserts and screws) to assess their quality and function. Because I live near the Atlantic coast, wind resistance is a big consideration. I priced new, white, anodized-aluminum triple-track storms in “good-better-best” models for this article. The prices ranged from about $60 to a little over $100 each. The best was wind-load rated with an integral heavy-duty meeting rail, a low… This article is only available to GBA Prime Members Sign up for a free trial and get instant access to this article as well as GBA’s complete library of premium articles and construction details. Start Free Trial Already a member? Log in
Manchester City midfielder Samir Nasri is eager to make up for lost time following a six month injury layoff and to prove his worth to incoming manager Pep Guardiola who takes over in July.Nasri, who injured his thigh in October, made his first Premier League start in 13 months and scored the winner in Saturday’s 2-1 victory over West Bromwich Albion to keep City in pole position to clinch the final Champions League spot.”When the pre-season is going to start I am going to be fresh so I hope that will help me and I will try to perform because when you have been out for so long you are more hungry when you come back,” Nasri told British media.”You don’t want to waste your time. You want to be back with a bang. If I stay working with Pep Guardiola, if he wants me, he’s just going to be a lucky man because I will be really hungry. I am the type of player for his philosophy.”Manuel Pellegrini’s men head into their Champions League quarter-final second leg against Paris St Germain at the Etihad Stadium on Tuesday with a slight advantage after the first game ended 2-2 in Paris last week.
A lot has already been talked about Xiaomi’s next Android One phone, aka Mi A2. The handset will be the successor to the last year’s Mi A1, Xiaomi’s first Android One phone. On Monday, Xiaomi has finally officially teased the coming of the Mi A2 via a tweet. In the teaser, Xiaomi says that the Mi A2 will be much better and enhanced than the Mi A1. The Chinese OEM didn’t reveal any further details about the Mi A2.The tweet reads as follows, “Are you a big fan of #MiA1? You will love this…#Xiaomi #AndroidOne #2isbetterthan1”. Although the company didn’t specify any hardware specs of the phone, it does hint to the fact that the device — Mi A2 will sport a better design, improved camera, faster processor, bigger display and battery than the Mi A1.Xiaomi is yet to officially reveal the launch date of the Mi A2. But, some reports circulation on the internet reveal that the Xiaomi Mi A2 will be launching on August 24 at an event in Madrid, Spain. Some other reports also claim that, alongside the Mi A2, Xiaomi may also launch a cheaper or toned down version of the Mi A2, aka the Mi A2 Lite. Xiaomi, however, is yet to confirm the coming of Mi A2 Lite.Are you a big fan of #MiA1? You will love this…#Xiaomi #AndroidOne #2isbetterthan1 pic.twitter.com/aLlfothn9gMi (@xiaomi) July 16, 2018Ahead of the launch, Mi A2 has been subjected to several rumours and leaks. Last week, the smartphone was seen listed on a Poland e-retail website with the complete specs sheet and the price. According to listing on the retail website, the Mi A2 Android One phone will come in three variants with a starting price of PLN 1,299, which is roughly around Rs 24,000 approx.advertisementAs for the pricing, the base model of the Mi A2 is likely to come packed with 4GB/32GB for PLN 1,299 (roughly Rs 24,000 approx), while the mid-range model with 4GB/64GB storage may cost PLN 1,399, which roughly translates to Rs 26,000 approx. Meanwhile, the top-end version of the phone with 6GB RAM/128GB of internal storage is expected to cost PLN 1,599, roughly around Rs 30,000.It is important to note that the prices of the Mi A2 have been listed on a Polish retail website, so the cost of the India variants of the phone may vary. What is, however, confirmed that the Mi A2 will fall under the mid-range price segment, just as its predecessor Mi A1.The Xiaomi Mi A2 will be the Mi 6X with Android One software onboard. According to leaked specs sheet, the Mi A2 will come with a 5.99-inch full-HD+ display with an 18:9 aspect ratio. On the hardware front, the Mi A2 will be powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 processor coupled with 4GB/6GB RAM and 32GB/ 64GB/128GB of internal storage. On the camera front, the phone is likely to include two cameras on the back, with a primary sensor of 20MP and secondary sensor of 12MP. On the front, the phone is expected to include a 12MP selfie camera. The Mi A2 is tipped to come with a massive 4000mAh battery.