The view from the house stretches to Surfers Paradise. The HIll House at 18 Abbey Ridge Rd, Reedy Creek sold for $2.5 million a week before its scheduled auction.A TROPHY home with sweeping views of the Gold Coast has sold days before it was due to go to auction in a multimillion-dollar deal that has set a new suburb record.The Reedy Creek property on Abbey Ridge Rd, known as The Hill House, was snapped up by a local buyer for $2.5 million last weekend.It was scheduled to go under the hammer this Saturday with Ray White Prestige agents Jackson Paradise and Carita Lanham. Even the loungeroom has sweeping views. The kitchen is simple yet versatile.The vacant half-acre hillside block was advertised in 2015 as having limited views but today, the three-storey house that towers above it has some of the best on the Coast.It was meant to be the couple’s dream home but they decided to sell it so they could build a new one on a block they have bought across the road.“The sellers are really happy with the result,” Mr Paradise said.The sale smashes the previous suburb record, which was set by the property at 8 Abbey Ridge Rd when it sold for $1.765 million in January. Mr Paradise said there had been a lot of activity on the Coast since the spring selling season started.Video Player is loading.Play VideoPlayNext playlist itemMuteCurrent Time 0:00/Duration 1:58Loaded: 0%Stream Type LIVESeek to live, currently playing liveLIVERemaining Time -1:58 Playback Rate1xChaptersChaptersDescriptionsdescriptions off, selectedCaptionscaptions settings, opens captions settings dialogcaptions off, selectedQuality Levels720p720pHD576p576p360p360p216p216pAutoA, selectedAudio Tracken (Main), selectedFullscreenThis is a modal window.Beginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.TextColorWhiteBlackRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentTransparentWindowColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyTransparentSemi-TransparentOpaqueFont Size50%75%100%125%150%175%200%300%400%Text Edge StyleNoneRaisedDepressedUniformDropshadowFont FamilyProportional Sans-SerifMonospace Sans-SerifProportional SerifMonospace SerifCasualScriptSmall CapsReset restore all settings to the default valuesDoneClose Modal DialogEnd of dialog window.This is a modal window. This modal can be closed by pressing the Escape key or activating the close button.Close Modal DialogThis is a modal window. This modal can be closed by pressing the Escape key or activating the close button.PlayMuteCurrent Time 0:00/Duration 0:00Loaded: 0%Stream Type LIVESeek to live, currently playing liveLIVERemaining Time -0:00 Playback Rate1xFullscreenWhy location is everything in real estate01:59 “They loved the views and the design – it’s a one-off property,” he said.“It’s the best one in the suburb.”Sellers Dominee Gessner and Ben Rochford built the house, which recently won a 2018 Master Builders House and Construction award, about two years ago. WHY EVERYONE WANTS TO LIVE IN MERMAID BEACH It has a Palm Springs theme.Mr Paradise said the six-bedroom “trophy home” had 112 inspections and enquiries throughout the three and a half weeks it was on the market.“We also had multiple offers prior to auction,” he said.More from news02:37International architect Desmond Brooks selling luxury beach villa15 hours ago02:37Gold Coast property: Sovereign Islands mega mansion hits market with $16m price tag2 days agoHe said the buyers enquired about the house after seeing it on the cover of the Gold Coast Bulletin Realestate magazine. THE FAST AND THE LUXURIOUS: V8 STAR’S MANSION
First-home buyers are expected to pounce on a new development.FIRST-home buyers in the Far North are expected to pounce on the latest land development in one of Australia’s most idyllic towns.Stage 1 of a new housing estate at Port Douglas will be released soon with 32 lots ranging from 600sq m to more than 700sq m.The smallest block is expected to sell for more than $200,000.The New Port Estate, about 10 minutes south of Port Douglas, will connect with the Wangetti Trail and include parks and recreational spaces. Stage one of the New Port Estate housing development in Craiglie, 10 minutes south of Port Douglas. IMAGE: Supplied.Douglas Shire Mayor Michael Kerr said the development would create hundreds of jobs over the next three years and increase the region’s rate base.“It’s fantastic to see this development finally going ahead,” he said.“There is a real shortage of usable land available in Port Douglas for housing and this will kickstart our new housing stocks.”Developer Ernest Duval said several more stages would be released in the coming years.These would include senior living options and “good-sized affordable allotments” to enable Port to grow in a measured and sustainable way.“We have been working on this legacy project for many years,” Mr Duval said.“We have a high percentage of natural open parklands to enhance the residential environment, which we are sure will have great appeal to families and residents.” More from newsCairns home ticks popular internet search terms2 days agoTen auction results from ‘active’ weekend in Cairns2 days ago The New Port Estate housing development at Craiglie, south of Port Douglas.Prices were expected to start in the low $200,000s.The development follows the neighbouring Port Pacific Estate as significant residential areas on the Port Douglas fringe. The Milman Drive development sold its last lots in 2016.Stage 6 of the Ocean Breeze Estate at Cooya Beach, about 18 minutes north of Port Douglas, is also selling.It follows plans for a high-end 28-lot complex in Port Douglas where a four-bedroom home with private pool and garage is expected to fetch about $1.2m.
Bibby Marine Services’ second Service Operations Vessel (SOV), Bibby WaveMaster Horizon, has started her sea trials, according to Damen Shipyards Galati.Source: Bibby Marine ServicesBibby WaveMaster Horizon is scheduled to be delivered later this year to start maintenance work on the Hohe See and Albatros offshore wind farms in the German North Sea for Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy and EnBW.The vessel will be homeported in Emden and used for operations & maintenance services on the two wind farms.Damen began construction of the second SOV at the same time as the first vessel, the Bibby WaveMaster 1. This meant that, when Bibby Marine Services and Siemens Gamesa confirmed their contract at the end of 2017, Damen was able to accelerate the construction of the vessel.Located approximately 98 kilometres from the German coast, the 497MW Hohe See wind farm comprises 71 Siemens Gamesa 7MW wind turbines the last of which was installed at the site mid-August by Fred. Olsen Windcarrier’s jack-up Blue Tern. The wind farm delivered first power mid-July.The commissioning of all of the 71 turbines at Hohe See, as well as the 16 units at the neighboring Albatros, is expected to take place by the end of the year.NOTE: The original article has been updated.
Share LocalNews OAS calls for maximizing public-private partnerships by: – October 18, 2011 Sharing is caring! Tweet 7 Views no discussions Share Share Image via: topnews.inWASHINGTON, USA — The secretary general of the Organization of American States (OAS), José Miguel Insulza, has called on multilateral organizations, governments of the Americas, and the private sector to work jointly in search of overcoming the obstacles facing the peoples of the Hemisphere, in the framework of the annual meeting of the Association of American Chambers of Commerce in Latin America (AACCLA). “The message should be that we have to increase as much as we can public-private partnerships, not only in matters of business,” he said, and added that “we are working together and will continue to do so.” In this sense, he noted some of the fruits of that cooperation.“We are encouraged to see in several countries support from the private sector to strengthen our capabilities in the fight against crime, and in particular organized crime. We are encouraged by the willingness of several groups in the private sector to become involved in the principal problem of the region: inequality and poverty. We are encouraged by the private sector’s efforts to face unemployment, particularly among the youth,” he said, in the headquarters of the United States Chamber of Commerce in Washington, DC.In the case of the OAS, Insulza said that, in the foundational Charter of the Organization, the member states “agreed that equality of opportunity, the elimination of extreme poverty, equitable distribution of wealth and income, and the full participation of their peoples in decisions relating to their own development are, among others, basic objectives of integral development.” To reach these objectives, he continued, in Article 34 of the Charter, “The Member States likewise agreed to devote their utmost efforts to accomplishing certain basic goals, among which figure the promotion of private initiative and investment in harmony with action in the public sector.”The OAS head mentioned that, in the Summits of the Americas, the heads of state and government of the member countries of the OAS have repeatedly recognized “the important role that public-private partnerships play in strengthening democracy, combating corruption, assuring sustainable energy, and developing small and medium-sized enterprises.” In this sense, he explained that the last Summit of the Americas, held in Port of Spain in 2009, the leaders of the Hemisphere to continue exploring ways for the governments to build, strengthen maintain partnerships with all sectors of society, especially the business, labor, and academic sectors, among other things. On the road to the Sixth Summit of the Americas, Insulza described the efforts of the OAS to include the subject of public-private partnerships in the agenda of the event to be held April 14 and 15 in Cartagena de Indias, Colombia, in search of initiatives that contribute to reach the objectives the Organization has set itself in its integral development agenda. As an example, he referred to the recent annual meeting of the Inter-American Competitiveness Network (RIAC) in Santo Domingo, in which the member countries adopted the “Consensus of Santo Domingo.” This document, to be submitted to the Summit of Cartagena, includes ten principles to stimulate commerce and integration, foment social entrepreneurship, corporate social responsibility, gender equity, and improving access to capital for economic stakeholders.Similarly, Insulza announced that the hemispheric institution will co-organize the Third Hemispheric Private Sector Forum, to be held in Cartagena days before the meeting of Heads of State and Government, and added that in the upcoming weeks the Executive Secretariat for Integral Development of the Organization will conduct a survey to hemispheric private sector organizations like the AACCLA “to help identify the perspectives of the private sector on the themes of the Sixth Summit of the Americas, obtain recommendations from the private sector, and motivate that sector to propose initiatives and commitments on the subject of the Summit.”In this context, he congratulated the government of the United States for passage of free trade agreements with Panama and Colombia, which in his judgment constitutes a message: “that the United States really wants to be involved with the rest of the Americas on matters of free trade.” “The benefits of free trade are significant and play a central role in all future economic development,” he added.He also recalled that the hemispheric Organization promotes corporate social responsibility (CSR) and the values of transparency, accountability and consistency in public policies. “The OAS shares these values and also conducts activities aimed at raising awareness on the principles of CSR, locating them within government agendas and private sector strategies,” he said.Caribbean News Now
Three people were sent to the hospital after a single vehicle crash on U.S. 50 Wednesday. (Image: ISP)A box truck overturned in Jennings County Wednesday, causing three injuries and traffic delays, officials said.The 2013 International box truck driven by Charles Manson, 40, of Indianapolis was traveling east on U.S. 50 near C.R. 650W when the vehicle ran off the right side of the road around 12:38 p.m.According to the Indiana State Police, Manson overcorrected causing the truck to travel back across the road where it overturned and slide into a fence at Ebbing Auto Parts.Manson and two passengers had to be extracted from the vehicle. Deverrick Harrison, 25, and Terry Parker, 43, both of Indianapolis were transported along with Manson to St. Vincent Jennings Hospital in North Vernon for non-life threatening injuries.Harrison was later transferred to a hospital in Indianapolis for a serious leg injury.Manson was cited for Driving While Suspended. Police say the wet roadway was a factor in the crash.
RelatedPosts Minister gives condition for resumption of contact sports Minister pledges support for development of AI, robotics in Nigeria Emefiele canvasses stakeholders support to stimulate economic growth The attention of the sports community will be focused on the Presidential Villa, Abuja on Thursday evening as the First Lady, Hajia Aisha Muhammadu Buhari, hosts the first major activity leading to next year’s Para Powerlifting World Cup, which will be held in Abuja.With Hajia Buhari as the Chief Host, other distinguished personalities that will grace the unveiling of the tournament’s Main Organising Committee include the Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Godwin Emefiele; Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Alhaji Muhammad Musa Bello; and Minister of Youth and Sports, Sunday Dare, all of who are Special Guests of Honour.Also expected at the event that will mark the launch of the Games’ logo, mascot, e-Sport app and sports clothes are the Minister of Transport, Hon. Rotimi Amaechi; Minister of Special Duties, Senator George Akume; Minister of Niger Delta, Senator Godswill Akpabio; Managing Director, FrieslandCampina WAMPCO Nigeria, Ben Langat; and his counterpart at Heritage Bank, Ifie Sekibo.According to Queen Idris, President of the Nigeria Para Powerlifting Federation, the other dignitaries to witness the event at the Banquet Hall of the Presidential Villa include the Minister of State for the Federal Capital Territory, Hajia Ramatu Tijjani Aliyu; Minister of State for Transport, Senator Gbemisola Saraki; and Minister of State for Petroleum Resources, Hon. Timipre Sylva.The Main Organising Committee for Abuja 2020 World Cup, headed by the First Lady, will oversee the programmes of Abuja 2020 Para Powerlifting World Cup to be held in the Federal Capital Territory between February 5 and 7, 2020.The Federation President explained that the Nigerian First Lady agreed to host Abuja 2020 World Cup in demonstration of her passion for the less privileged and physically challenged “as exemplified by her pet project, Future Assured”.Nigeria’s para powerlifters, well known as “the Unstoppables”, had achieved incredible feats in global competitions.With only 11 athletes at the 2017 World Championship in Mexico City, the contingent returned home with six gold and three bronze medals.At the African Para Powerlifting Championship in Algeria last year, Nigeria won 11 gold and two silver medals.Three months ago at the World Para Powerlifting Championship in Nur Sultan, Team Nigeria with a contingent of 14 athletes won three gold, three silver and two bronze medals.In addition, each of the gold medallists established a world record in their categories. Tags: Aisha BuhariGodwin EmefieleMuhammad Musa BelloPara Powerlifting World Cup flag-offSunday Dare
highlights New Delhi: The Pakistan young sensation Shadab Khan has been ruled out of the upcoming limited-overs series against England which is scheduled to begin on May 5 due to an illness. The series against England, comprising one-off T20I and five ODIs, will be played from 5 to 19 May. The Paksitan Cricket Board (PCB) doesn’t want to risk the duties of Shadab in the forthcoming World Cup and want him to fully recover. Paksitan will play its first game against West Indies on May 31 at Trent Bridge and this remains to be seen if he gets fit by then. Further, the details about Shadab’s replacement will be announced in due course.The selectors have already included Asif Ali and Mohammad Amir as additional players to the 15-player World Cup squad. Pakistan, like any other participating side, has the flexibility to make changes to their World Cup squad until 23 May. Pakistan named 15-member squad for the forthcoming World Cup earlier this week.Shadab Khan has been rested for the England limited-overs series.Mohammad Amir and Asif Ali included as additional players to the 15-member World Cup squad. For all the Latest Sports News News, Cricket News News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps.
Related Stories Syracuse suffers 41-17 blowout loss at LouisvilleBlum: Eric Dungey should have been taken out before 4th-quarter injuryFast reaction: 3 takeaways from Syracuse’s big loss to LouisvilleGallery: Syracuse falls to Louisville, 41-17 [View the story “Syracuse fans react to blowout loss at Louisville” on Storify] Comments Published on November 7, 2015 at 4:14 pm Contact Sam: firstname.lastname@example.org | @Sam4TR Facebook Twitter Google+
Facebook Twitter Google+ Published on November 21, 2015 at 8:55 pm Grade the Orange’s performance against ElonABCDFVoteView ResultsCrowdsignal.comGrade the Orange’s performance against ElonWho was the Orange’s player of the game against Elon?Tyler RobersonMichael GbinijeTrevor CooneyVoteView ResultsCrowdsignal.comWho was the Orange’s player of the game against Elon? Comments
No. 30 Syracuse (8-5, 2-5 Atlantic Coast) has struggled to get back on its feet during its mid season slide, falling to No. 42 Clemson (7-5, 4-2 ACC), 4-3 on Sunday.The Orange started the year 7-0, but has fallen in five of its last six games. Four of those games have been on the road and SU has each of those matchups.Clemson won the lone point available in doubles play, which proved to be the deciding factor in SU’s loss. The two teams split the singles matches, 3-3.Gabriela Knutson rebounded from her early doubles loss. Entering the match slated to play No. 17 Joana Eidukonyte, Knutson pulled away in the second and third set, winning 1-6, 6-1, 6-2.Anna Shkudun and Dina Hegab bounced back from their recent struggles as well. Shkudun, who lost four of her previous five entering Sunday’s meet, won 7-6 (7-3), 6-0. Hegab, who dropped three straight before the meet, won 6-3, 6-4.AdvertisementThis is placeholder textThe Orange finish a five-game road stretch on Saturday against unranked Central Florida. SU will return home the following Thursday to take on No. 4 North Carolina. Comments Published on March 13, 2016 at 4:30 pm Contact Charlie: email@example.com | @charliedisturco Facebook Twitter Google+